Tuesday, July 19, 2011

A funny thing happened on the way to Bran-o-Kor

I love Confrontation.  It's my favorite game.  period.  Full stop.  I actually don't know how many armies I've bought and sold for that game but I know I've owned at least 2 different factions three seperate times.  I've assembled Cynwall twice.  Those of you who know Confrontation will appreciate that.  I love this game.



As part of my hobby downsizing this year I sold all but 2 armies.  Now, there has been an announcement that the game might be coming back.  Doh!  In any case, since my former locals have been teasing me with pictures of them play the game, I though I would paint something.  I decided I would work on my Orcs of Bran-o-Kor, one of the 2 armies I kept.  I got out a bunch of models stripped the primer and half-painted efforts and was about to start re-assembly.  I went to the shed for something and then the other army put a complete stop to my plans.

The other army I kept was purely for the models, I have Lodge of Hod Griffons, everything except Phineas 2nd ed.  I love this models, I think the Lodge might have been my first Confrontation purchase, if not it was very early.  The models have been roughed up over the years, blades broken off and such.  I decided on the spot to work on them instead.  I don't have anyone to play the game with right now but these models deserve paint! Even my pathetic attempts.

The first thing I did was come up with an army/paint list and then broke it down into like models.  One of my New Years Resolutions was to get a 400 point Confrontation army painted so this is my chance.  I'm starting with the classic Lodge of Hod box: Purifiers and the Seneschal.  Since I'm fortunate to own the LE Seneschal (oh he of the fucked up facial sculpt) he gets included as well.  They are primed and dusted and pictured below.

LE Seneschal
Normal Seneschal
Purifier
Purifier
Purifier
 The pictures are crap but you get the idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment you might be surprised at the conversation it starts.