Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Getting control of the Hobby

Part of my goal this year was to get real control over my miniature hobby.  This involved cutting armies and projects, finishing other things and so on.  For 40k I'm trying to set a limit on the number of armies I am willing to own/paint/buy play my working number right now is 3.  One Imperial, One Xenos and one more.  I've got Dark Eldar and have been loving them so that fills the Xenos roll.

My problem is the Imperial army.  In most cases this mean Marines, but I love me some Guard, and truly love the Sisters of Battle.  Then If I were going to do MEQ you have the whole chaos vs. imperial marines and I have chaos.  I think I am going to a single themed marine army that can be used for any and every marine book.  Yeah I know me and everyone else.  That will leave my third, open slot for Sisters or Guard.

So for a single theme marine army, capable of running any codex, I've narrowed my theme down to 2 choices.

Thousand Sons in either a pre-heresy or Bolter and Chainsword Dornian Heresy style motif or a Legion of the Damned themed army that can encompass all marine builds.  The goal of either is to be capable of playing marines in a BA, GK, SM, or CSM format.  I don't care for the SW book so I don't have to worry about it.  I may put a poll up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment you might be surprised at the conversation it starts.