Monday, June 6, 2011

Inaugural Post

Welcome one and all to my internet presence.  There wasn't enough room for me in the real world so I had to expand here as well.  This is my blog (obviously) I have low expectations so you should too.

I have, in the past, posted at a couple of other blogs, namely Brent's blog Stricty Average, and the Master Manipulator's Every Store Needs One.  You should check them out.  Both are awesome guys and I have been privileged to know and learn from both.

A little about me.  First I consider myself a competitive gamer.  Let me provide a definition.  A competitive games is a gamer who plays the game to win.  Always.  They play the game within the scope of the rules as written.  They play within the commonly accepted social contract we all abide by.  They encourage others to improve their own game.  Events do not define competitive gamers, results do not define competitive gamers.  Attitude does.  If you play the game to win, and seek to make others around you better thereby making the games you play against them better, you are a competitive gamer.

Second, I am something of a hobbyist.  I like to put models together, I like to kitbash models, I love GW plastics, am fine with good metal models, and am on the fence about the whole Finecast resin.  If they melt in the sun that's an issue.  I live in Texas.  We have sun.  I'm not much of a painter.  I can paint but do not particularly enjoy it but since I can't afford to have someone do it for me, I get to do it myself.  If your interested in an assembly for paint swap partner let me know.  If your looking to farm out assembly work, let me know.  I'm currently unemployed, I enjoy doing it, and I do a decent job.  I like building terrain but don't have the space and the urge comes and goes.

Third, games I play.  I play 40K, Warmahordes, Confrontation (BEST GAME EVER!), and have dabbled in Malifaux, Infinity, and several others.  I like Malifaux.  I really do prefer skirmish to large.  I don't like fantasy though have played well enough to win local tournament events.  Armies I've played in 40K: Deathwing, Space Marines, Blood Angels, Imperial Guard, Deathguard, Thousand Sons, Dark Eldar and I feel like I'm missing something.  I play Retribution in Warmachine, and have Circle and Skorne as well.  I play Ressurrectionists for Malifaux.



So what should you expect here.  Probably one or maybe two posts a week depending on my life and mood.  Those posts will probably have something to do with 40K or Warmachine or politics or religion.  You don't have to agree, you can call me names, you do have to respect the rights of others to express themselves.

Textwalls-I'm a verbose guy and tend to do these things stream of consciousness style.

Conversations-I like the interaction on fourms but not the BS.  I like to talk about things feel free to comment.  I can promise everyone will get a response I can promise they will get read.

I'm not a grammar or spelling Nazi and don't care if you are.

Anyhow, that's all for now.

1 comment:

Leave a comment you might be surprised at the conversation it starts.