I was wondering what codex what be appropriate for a Legion of the Damned themed army. Some options and thoughts below:
Space Marines-Generic marines, there is a Legion of the Damned unit in the book. Heavy use of Stern Guard I think.
Blood Angels- Sanguinary priests let you play the army as incredibly tough. The Red Thirst rule can kind of simulate the degenerative mental condition.
Space Wolves- Can't really see this one.
Grey Knights- Gets you the suddenly appearing rules (deep strike), but the equipment options are way off, psychic powers can represent other warp born abilities, and I think you can do a real all infantry army from this book, as far as I know the Legion of the Damned should be fairly vehicle light.
Chaos- Play as deathguard, with obliterators. The codex is severely limited. Chosen would have to be used I think.
As far as modeling goes I'm thinking of using plasticard to add flames to marine plastics, and skeleton pieces, as well as mixing in the Legion metals.
Thoughts?
Space Marines-Generic marines, there is a Legion of the Damned unit in the book. Heavy use of Stern Guard I think.
Blood Angels- Sanguinary priests let you play the army as incredibly tough. The Red Thirst rule can kind of simulate the degenerative mental condition.
Space Wolves- Can't really see this one.
Grey Knights- Gets you the suddenly appearing rules (deep strike), but the equipment options are way off, psychic powers can represent other warp born abilities, and I think you can do a real all infantry army from this book, as far as I know the Legion of the Damned should be fairly vehicle light.
Chaos- Play as deathguard, with obliterators. The codex is severely limited. Chosen would have to be used I think.
As far as modeling goes I'm thinking of using plasticard to add flames to marine plastics, and skeleton pieces, as well as mixing in the Legion metals.
Thoughts?
From reading your thoughts in other post..what difference does it make? You are trying to kinda make an all books list so what does it matter.
ReplyDeleteUnless you are looking for the internet to validate your fluff so you can feel better about playing from a different book.
couldn't care less about validation, it's more about a starting point.
ReplyDeleteThe codex won't matter if you paint them like Bobinator
ReplyDelete