My chaos army is predicated on objective taking and attrition through toughness. I play sacred number Deathguard. Again, like most of what I play it's not internet approved but this list really worked for me several years ago. I don't fancy its chances anymore, but 3 years ago when it was built it worked fairly well and it still hold up to many of the 5th ed. tropes.
DE and GK, spammy SW should eat its lunch but I like my chances against alot of the BA stuff I see. I'm not even convinced I couldn't draw a GK list. Spammy SW though would be very, very difficult.
This list was tuned to play at 1850 and I've never bothered taking it to 2000. I suppose I would add terminators or maybe Chosen.
So here it is. Some pictures below.
HQ: Daemon Prince (1#, 175 pts)
1 Daemon Prince, 175 pts = (base cost 110 + Wings 20 + Mark of Nurgle 20 + Warptime x1 25)
HQ: Daemon Prince (1#, 175 pts)
1 Daemon Prince, 175 pts = (base cost 110 + Wings 20 + Mark of Nurgle 20 + Warptime x1 25)
Troops: Plague Marines (8#, 271 pts)
6 Plague Marines, 158 pts = 6 * 23 (base cost 23) + Meltagun x2 20
1 Plague Champion, 63 pts = (base cost 38 + Power Fist 25)
1 Rhino, 50 pts = (base cost 35 + Havoc Launcher 15)
Troops: Plague Marines (8#, 271 pts)
6 Plague Marines, 158 pts = 6 * 23 (base cost 23) + Meltagun x2 20
1 Plague Champion, 63 pts = (base cost 38 + Power Fist 25)
1 Rhino, 50 pts = (base cost 35 + Havoc Launcher 15)
Troops: Plague Marines (8#, 281 pts)
6 Plague Marines, 168 pts = 6 * 23 (base cost 23) + Plasma gun x2 30
1 Plague Champion, 63 pts = (base cost 38 + Power Fist 25)
1 Rhino, 50 pts = (base cost 35 + Havoc Launcher 15)
Troops: Plague Marines (8#, 261 pts)
6 Plague Marines, 148 pts = 6 * 23 (base cost 23) + Flamer x2 10
1 Plague Champion, 63 pts = (base cost 38 + Power Fist 25)
1 Rhino, 50 pts = (base cost 35 + Havoc Launcher 15)
Heavy Support: Vindicator (1#, 135 pts)
1 Vindicator, 135 pts = (base cost 125 + Combi-melta 10)
Heavy Support: Vindicator (1#, 140 pts)
1 Vindicator, 140 pts = (base cost 125 + Havoc Launcher 15)
Heavy Support: Vindicator (1#, 140 pts)
1 Vindicator, 140 pts = (base cost 125 + Havoc Launcher 15)
The army itself is painted 3 colors and based but there are alot of details that got skipped. I was pushed for time to get it done before an event and I have never gone back and finished it. I should some day. I never could figure out what color to use on the DP wings (there are 2 DP's in the list).






Awesome stuff - I do love this army, Homer.
ReplyDeleteAren't you glad you didn't sell it?
Brent
It's on bartertown right now, and I'm in negotiations for it.
ReplyDelete*sigh*
ReplyDelete